Our first class of 2020 “Intro to Growing Your Own Food” will take place Saturday, January 11th, 10am-12:30 pm at the Ready-to-Grow Garden Center. In this class we will cover the basics of how to grow your own food including:
– Determining the best location of your garden
– The importance of sun exposure
– Basics of designing an edible garden
– Getting it started
– How to amend soil (compost, organic fertilizers, mulch)
– How to water
– Crop choices and timing
– Planting seeds
– Basics of maintenance (harvesting, weeding, pruning, amending soil, succession planting, organic fertilization, organic pest management)
In addition, we will cover more specifics with a tour of our demonstration garden where attendees can see, touch and taste some of our favorite edible plants.
Space is limited so if you’d like to attend, we recommend registering soon at the eventbrite page for the class. We have also have a limited amount of chairs so if you have a favorite chair feel free to bring it.
We are planning for this to be the first of other classes this season at our nursery and we’d love for you to join us! Also, if you know anyone else that might be interested feel free to share our facebook event page for the class. This also could be a potential gift idea!
Tickets are available at intro_to_growing_your_own_food.eventbrite.com.